Summer is undoubtedly the most anticipated season all year. Once it finally rolls around, there’s nothing more that I want to do than be outdoors. The weather makes me feel energized and appreciate each day just a little more.While I wish I could spend every waking hour outside, it’ not realistic when you have a demanding career. That doesn’t mean you can’t still take advantage of the warm weather though. Today I’m sharing 7 ways to ensure you enjoy summer.
It’s hard to believe summer only officially kicks off next week. This heat wave we’ve been experiencing lately would definitely suggest otherwise. We all know the season really only lasts through August so we don’t have much time left to soak it all in.
Here are 7 ways to make it your best summer yet:
- Take it outdoors: One of my favorite things that Phil and I have been doing lately is working outside. We have our morning coffee on our backyard porch and take our laptops out there too. It makes more mundane tasks (like sorting through emails) so much more enjoyable. I know it’s not realistic for everyone to be able to work from home, but even if you work a few hours from home during the week, I highly recommend taking it outdoors.
- Get active: In the winter, going to the gym is really our only option to work out, but in the summer we go on a run each morning. Luna has kind of forced us to do that (she goes crazy if she doesn’t get exercise in the AM), but it’s also a great way to appreciate the warm weather.
- Head to a patio: My favorite summer activity! There’s nothing better sipping rose on a rooftop, am I right? Even heading to an outdoor cafe for coffee or lunch is a fun way to mix it up and get outside.
- Explore new neighborhoods: We tend to explore a lot of new neighborhoods because we’re always looking for our next shoot location. We’ve actually enjoyed finding new spots to photograph and then popping in a new restaurant or cafe afterward.
- Take up a summer hobby: Whether it’s an outdoor sport, gardening or even heading to an outdoor mall – mix up your hobbies and get outside. Yes, I firmly believe shopping is a valid hobby.
- Head to the pool: Ok this is kind of an obvious summer activity, but it’s definitely something I don’t always allow myself to do. I’m a bit of a workaholic so taking time off to do something for myself during the week is usually lower on my priority list. Phil usually twists my arm to get me to the pool and I’m always glad he does. Life is too short to not take time to relax every now and then. There’s nothing better than soaking in a little sun (with SPF on of course) and taking a dip in the water.
- Go on a drive: Phil and I love going on drives during the summer and Luna does too! Put the windows (or top) down and turn on your favorite music and just take in the warm weather. There’s a lot of undeveloped land near us and there’s nothing more relaxing than driving down an open road which typically takes us to our favorite ice cream spot.
LNA Cutout Sweater (fits TTS, more sizes here)
Gucci Belt (wearing a size 70)
One Teaspoon Shorts (wearing a size 24 for a looser fit)
Chanel Bag (budget version here)