Blogging Tips/ Lifestyle / 01 May, 2017
Blogging Series: How I Grew On Instagram.
Happy Monday! I’m kicking off the week with Part III of my blogging series. In case you missed Part I (How I Started My Blog) you can find it here and Part II (How I Grew My Blog Traffic) you can find it here. Today I’m sharing some insights into the most frequently asked question I get – how did I grow on Instagram? Of course there’s no perfect formula that works for everyone. The best tip I have is to be authentic and don’t have any huge expectations. For me, it was never really about the numbers, it was more about building a community of like-minded people that inspire me and that I hope in some way I can inspire as well.
Here are 5 things that have helped me grow on Instagram:
(I’ve also talked more about how to grow on Instagram in an old post here).
- Be engaged: Utilize Instagram to connect with people. Like their photos and leave encouraging comments to let them know you’re interested in their content…they might be interested in yours too. Engage with people with similar followings to you and larger followings as well. I often scroll through my comment section to find new profiles to check out and people to follow.
- Participate in giveaways and Follow Fridays: Both of these techniques are great ways to get your name out there with audiences similar to your own. I love doing giveaways because I like to give something back to my followers. I try to avoid super spammy giveaways where there are tons of entrants because I always hope one of my followers will win the prize and obviously the chances decrease when there’s so many people involved.
- Get reposted: Having accounts with larger followings than yours is a surefire way to get more followers. This is one of the best ways to experience significant growth. Getting reposted isn’t easy though. The best way to improve your chances is to focus on accounts that have similar aesthetics to yours. If you find an account you love, look at what gets reposted and if you think you have similar photography or content be sure to tag them in one of your photos that you think might resonate well with their audience.
- Find your aesthetic: I’m going to talk more about this in next week’s post, but having a cohesive aesthetic is what will make people who check out your page actually want to follow you. A potential follower should know exactly what they can expect to see if they follow you.
- Post consistently: Be sure to be consistent with your posts and utilize tools like Iconosquare to find the best times to post. With the algorithm change, timing is everything to stay in front of your followers. You should at least post once a day and no more than three times a day, in my opinion.
Stay tuned for next week where I’ll be talking about how I found my Instagram aesthetic.
Lovers + Friends Pink Lace Top (wearing an XS) // Lovers + Friends Jeans (exact sold out, similar here) // Aqua Lariat Choker Necklace // Chloe Faye Bag (budget option here) // Christian Louboutin Pink Heels (budget option here) // Quay Pink Sunglasses (exact sold out, similar here)