This post is sponsored by Walmart.
Since the new year has arrived, I’ve been committed to developing healthier habits that include exercising regularly, eating more at home and choosing cleaner foods. Working from home makes that a challenge, especially since my schedule has gotten significantly busier. One of the things I plan to utilize to make that happen is my Walmart+ Membership. It proved to be a huge life saver over the holidays when I was planning (and attending) last minute parties – and had groceries delivered for free ($35 order min. Restrictions apply.). So, I’m so excited to take advantage of the benefits as we move through 2022. Today, I’ll be sharing one of my favorite healthy recipes to date as well as some of the regular items I’ve been ordering with my Walmart+ Membership.
Healthy Meal Options
With Walmart+, I’ve been able to plan weekly meals easily. I seriously enjoy ordering fresh, high-quality groceries online because it keeps me laser focused on healthy options. I’ve been prioritizing vegetables and plant-based protein, and don’t have to worry about getting distracted by all the sweet treats lingering in the store. I also love that when my week is feeling extra hectic, I have access to the convenience free same-day delivery from local stores on orders of $35+ (restrictions apply).
My Go-To Healthy Pancake Recipe
Sweet breakfast foods are my weakness, especially pancakes. I know I need to cut back, so I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect gluten-free recipe. And I finally found it courtesy of Love & Lemons. Best of all, it’s not laden with sugar – and all the ingredients can be found at Walmart. They’re light, flavorful and super easy to make – here’s how…
– 1-1/3 cup blanched almond flour, spooned and leveled
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/4 cup almond milk
– 2 large eggs
– 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup and more for serving
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– Extra-virgin olive oil to grease pan
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
3. Combine the ingredients and mix. If your batter is too thick, add in almond milk until it’s thin enough to flow smoothly. If it’s too thin, add a dash of almond flour.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, then brush the pan with a little olive oil. Spoon some batter into the pan, using a ¼-cup measuring. Smaller scoops will yield the best results. Then, cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes on each side, turning the heat to low as needed. You might need to turn the heat lower while cooking so that the center cooks all the way through.
5. Serve with maple syrup.
Shop The Recipe
I also plan to make more plant-based swaps this year from meatless meatballs to everyday snacks. I was surprised to see that Walmart accommodates a variety of dietary needs whether you want to cut sugar, sodium or add more organic ingredients. You can even shop by your dietary needs here.
Grab & Go Snacks
As an influencer, my days are unpredictable and deadlines often pushed up or come in at the last minute. One of the ways I plan to stick to healthy eating is by keeping a stash of grab and go snacks on hand. I’ve been adding a ton of nuts as well as pre-packaged fruit and veggie snacks to my weekly Walmart+ order – and they’re way more affordable than I thought they’d be. So far, it’s made healthy eating much easier.