Happy Monday! Can you believe it’s already August?! It seems like summer just flew by! I say it every year, but I definitely don’t take advantage of summer like I want to. It’s hard to find days to go to the pool – especially with a heavy travel schedule. Lately, Phil and I have been cherishing every moment we have at home because they seem to be fewer and fewer. We both said we didn’t want to travel a lot this summer because last summer we felt like we didn’t get enough days to enjoy it, but inevitably, we found ourselves traveling almost every weekend for either my work or Phil’s. This week will be the last of our travel for the month (I hope). Although it is for fun! Later this week, we’re headed down south to celebrate my good friend’s birthday all weekend long. As we gear up for September – with Fashion Week in the beginning of the month – things will definitely get hectic again soon. When I’m on the go, I like to keep my wardrobe effortless yet still look chic. Lately I’ve been stocking up on the basics – easy knits, moto jackets and neutral accessories. On days I know my work schedule is going to be crazy, I reach for pieces that are comfortable yet still have a little of that street style edge I always go for.
Here are my 5 staples for effortless on-the-go style
1. A Leather Jacket: I feel like my wardrobe is built around a leather jacket. I wear mine with almost everything in my wardrobe. Leather jackets give any outfit that cool laid back vibe. I love belted leather jackets in particular and this one is my favorite.
2. Cozy Separates: Now is the time for stocking up on sweaters and sweatshirts as the weather cools down. I recently bought this sweatshirt dress which is something a little different for me, but it’s a chic play on athleisure and I kinda love it. I also love this pink one and this gray one (under $50).
3. Comfortable Heels: Sounds like an oxymoron if you ask me, but heels that you can wear for more than a few hours are always front and center in my closet. I like thicker heels which offer more support like these studded heels – I can’t get enough of the studded detail. I also love these without studs. This olive one is in my cart!
4. A Large Bag: While the mini handbag trend is still going strong, I have to be honest, during the day I typically reach for larger bag which can carry all of my essentials. This Givenchy is still one of my favorites!
5. Black Sunglasses: Ok, I know I have a problem when it comes to sunglasses because I’m always wearing them, but I just love them. They really complete an outfit in my mind so I always reach for a pair – particularly if I didn’t spend a lot of time on my makeup that day. You can’t go wrong with black sunglasses and D-Frame shaped-ones are my go-tos. These are by Saint Laurent, but I also have these – which are much more affordable.
Topshop Balloon Sleeve Sweatshirt Dress (wearing a US 0, included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale)
Similar Leather Jacket (included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!)
Dolce Vita Studded Heels (included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!)
Saint Laurent Sunglasses