The key to building a wardrobe is investing in classic pieces that will last you season to season. There are a few classics that I always keep in my closet and today I’m sharing my favorites. This look combines some of my favorite pieces that you’ve probably seen sprinkled throughout my outfits week-to-week like this classic leather jacket and these distressed jeans. Before I invest in bigger ticket items, I always make sure I can wear them multiple ways or in multiple seasons. You don’t have to spend a lot to build a great wardrobe though, there are some pieces that no matter the price, they’ll always look more expensive because of how classic they are.
Here are 7 of my favorites:
- A striped top: This side-knot striped tee is the perfect piece for spring and summer. I love the side knot which adds a flirty touch, but the nautical stripes keep it classy. At only $40, you really can’t pass it up.
- A black leather jacket: Whether it’s real or faux, a leather jacket will make any outfit feel more luxe. My leather jacket is hands down my most worn piece in my wardrobe. This one is my favorite, but this one and this one are great budget versions.
- A quality pair of denim: It’s no secret I love distressed denim. I pretty much live in it! This pair is a favorite from last season, but I’m also loving these lately (runs small, size up).
- Classic pumps: Black, white, nude and leopard pumps are classics that I continue to pull out weekly. Christian Louboutins are my favorite brand for pumps (they do take some breaking in though), but there are so many more affordable pairs like these, these and these. I’m also obsessed with Gianvito Rossi pumps lately, but they are so hard to track down in my size!
- A leather belt: For me, investing in a designer version makes sense because it’ll last forever and instantly dresses up any outfit. This Gucci one is a favorite. I also love the double-buckle belt trend and this budget version is so affordable (and on sale now!).
- A crossbody bag: I love Gucci crossbody bags when it comes to designer versions, but there are a ton of more affordable options that are just as chic. I’m loving this one and this one.
- Aviator sunglasses: Mirrored aviators are my go-to sunglasses day-to-day and this round pair are my favorite lately. This under $75 pair by one of my favorite brands is also a great option.
Kate Spade Leather Jacket (budget version here and here) // Fifth Label Striped Tee (just $40, also comes in white) // Levi’s Jeans // Similar White Heels // Illesteva Sunglasses // Gucci Marmont Bag (budget version here) // Gucci ‘Double G’ Buckle Belt (wearing a size 70)