Fashion / 22 Mar, 2017
Although it’s officially spring, it doesn’t quite feel like it here yet. I’m over my heavy winter layers though so I’m transitioning to spring with lighter weight sweaters and adding in bright-colored spring accessories for a little wardrobe refresh. This side-tie sweater is one of my favorite recent finds. It’s basic yet the lace-up detail adds a modern touch. I paired it with these blue aviators for some warmer weather vibes and these bright blue heels that I can’t get enough of lately.
Here are 5 items to transition your wardrobe from winter to spring:
- Fun sunglasses: Bright colored shades add a warm-weather feel to any outfit. This bright blue pair of aviators makes me feel like I’m at the beach and I love the mirrored lenses.
- Bright heels: One of my favorite ways to add a pop of color to any outfit is with a pair of heels. These bright blue pumps add a playful touch to any outfit.
- Lightweight sweaters. When it’s too cold to wear short sleeves and too warm for heavy winter knits, I like to wear lighter weight sweaters. I tend to stick with neutral colors for spring. I love anything with interesting details like the side-tie one above or this slit sleeve one.
- Moto jackets: Moto jackets are my go-to year-round, but they work especially well in the spring when the weather is unpredictable. This suede moto jacket is my most worn item in my closet lately. I own it in several colors and it comes in 8 (last seen here)!
- Mini bag: The mini bag trend is still going strong. I love mini bags because they only hold the essentials so I can’t overfill them the way I do with my larger bags – which is way better on my shoulders and back. They also work great for day or night and most come with a crossbody strap that makes them super practical for everyday use. This white Gucci one is my recent favorite and here’s a more affordable option too.