One of the best shopping days all year is finally here! Today is the first day of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (for Nordstrom Icon and Ambassador level cardholders) and tomorrow the sale opens up to all Nordstrom cardholders. If you’re not a Nordstrom cardholder, you can apply now or wait until the sale opens up to the public on July 19. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is your opportunity to shop fall merchandise at a discount before prices go back up on August 5th.
There are always so many great pieces in the sale, but with all the coverage that the sale gets, it can be overwhelming as a consumer. This year, I’m doing something a little different. I had the opportunity to shop the sale in stores this week and I picked out a capsule wardrobe for fall with 25 items that I know I can mix and match and wear all season long. Today, I’m showing you 25 ways that I styled 25 items. My biggest advice to shopping the sale is to make a check list and stick to it. You don’t need every single cardigan in the sale (although I have to admit, it’s tempting!) and there are so many great booties, but you really only need a couple to get you through the fall season. Here are my top picks!
10 Tips For Shopping The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
1. Make a budget and stick to it.
2. Make a checklist to shop easily and quickly.
3. Open a tab on your computer with each item on your list so you can quickly add to your cart.
4. Wishlist items in the LIKEtoKNOW.it app now and check out as soon as the sale goes live. Be sure to follow me to shop my picks there too!
5. Order multiple sizes if needed to avoid sell outs in your size later.
6. Check out quickly – if you think an item is going to sell out, check out with just that item immediately.
7. Items that will sell out first will be the BP lace camis, adidas sneakers, the snakeskin hat, the Leith cardigan, chunky sweater, Barefoot Dreams cardigan, Steve Madden suede booties, teddy coat, and the ivory wool coat.
8. Shop for booties and clothing first – they’re the first to sell out. Wait on other categories like home, beauty, jewelry, men’s and kid’s.
9. Add your credit card info to your Nordstrom account (if it’s not already) and have your card on hand and ready to go.
10. Activate your Double Points Day (if you have one to use) first thing in the morning so you can get credit for shopping tomorrow.
Last, but not least be ready to shop at 12:30 ET AM today if you’re an ICON or AMBASSADOR or tomorrow if you’re a cardholder.
Stay tuned over the next several days and weeks as I continue to cover the sale. I’ll be sure to remind you of restocks in popular items as well as any new finds that I come by. I’ll also be sharing my picks for beauty, home and menswear. Happy shopping!