At the beginning of every season, I make a list of investment pieces I want to add to my closet. That’s always my starting point so I know what to budget for and then I fill in with more affordable pieces throughout the season. Investing in versatile, quality pieces that will last beyond the season is important to me when it comes to building a wardrobe that I love. I really believe in investing in the right pieces that I know I will get use out of. I tend to lean towards more classic styles that I know won’t fade out in a season, but are still trendy enough to make a statement. I love shopping at retailers that have well-edited assortments of the latest “in” pieces or exclusive pieces by my favorite brands. One retailer that I’ve been finding so many pieces I’ve been loving is Intermix. They have such a great assortment of ready-to-wear brands and I feel like I could wear everything on their site (nothing is over the top). They’re a great resource for office wear and pieces that transition from the office to the weekend.
Here are 5 Fall Staples Worth The Splurge
1. A Cozy Oversized Sweater: There’s nothing better than a cozy sweater on a crisp fall day. I live in sweaters all season long and I often wear the same ones over and over again. When you find one that’s a flattering fit, it’s hard to not want to wear it every day. I love the asymmetrical cut of this one. It’s so chic and yet ultra soft and cozy. It’s perfect for fall and winter. I also love this oversized white cardigan – which could easily go from the office to the weekend and the sleeves on this one are too good! Here’s another sweater that works for the office or home and I can’t get over this leopard sweater.
2. High-Waisted Denim: I’ve been wearing these jeans nonstop since I got them and so many of you have been asking about them. They are seriously my favorite jeans right now. The wash is unlike most denim out there and the fit is so flattering. If you haven’t tried L’Agence denim, you are missing out. They are the most comfortable brand I’ve tried.
3. Versatile Heels: Slim sandals or pumps are always my go-to when it comes to investment heels. Both styles are super versatile and look great with anything. This season I’m all about bow heels and I’ve had my eye on these ones for a while. They’re my first pair by the brand and I love them!
4. A Statement Bag: This acrylic bag was everywhere this summer, but it’s not just for warm weather. I went with a darker, smaller size for more of an evening bag look. It’s such a chic bag – I love the way it reflects light. Then again, I love anything acrylic.
5. Classic Sunglasses: I’ve had these sunglasses for a while and every time I wear them, someone asks what brand they are. They’re classic black shades with a modern flat-top cut. I wear them with everything. They instantly make any outfit feel chic.
Sponsored by ShopStyle.